Create hallow Easter Eggs to brighten up your home.
- Mod Podge Matte
- Small balloons
- Sponge paintbrush
- Pin or needle
- Blow up balloons so they are in an oval shape resembling an egg.
- Using a sponge paintbrush, completely cover the balloon with Mod Podge.
- Tie the end of your yarn to the top knot of the balloon and start wrapping the yarn tightly around the balloon. Keep wrapping and crisscrossing the yarn around the glue covered balloon. Cut the yarn when you are happy with how the balloon is covered, and wrap the end of the string under another piece.
- Generously cover the yarn covered balloon with Mod Podge. Make sure it’s completely covered on all sides.
- Place Mod Podge-covered balloon on a cup or cookie sheet to allow it to dry for at least 24 hours. Rotate once or twice to ensure all sides are dry.
- Once it’s completely dry use a pin to pop the interior balloon and carefully pull out the deflated balloon from the hallow yarn egg. You can use tweezers to help get the balloon out.
- String together a few eggs to make a garland, or pile a few yarn eggs in a clear bowl for a centerpiece, and enjoy!
Elsener, Megan M. “Yarn Easter Eggs.” Chicago Parent Apr. 2015: 27. Print.